- Gut Instincts: Can More Bacteria Mean Better Health? March 14, 2017
Healthy bacteria may seem like a contradiction in terms, but years of research and real world experience point toward an unexpectedly promising finding: the microorganisms continually forming in your intestine may confer health benefits that we are only just beginning to understand.
Here is what ... Continue Reading
- Try a New Approach to Food in the New Year: Stop Dieting and Focus on Mindful Eating March 13, 2017
The dieting-overeating-weight regain cycle is almost inevitable, not because people fail diets but because diets fail people. It is important to understand that rebound overeating happens to almost everybody, and should not be viewed as an individual weakness or fault. The main reason diets ... Continue Reading
- Jeffrey S. Puglisi, MD of Greenwich, CT, Joins the Board of the American College of Private Physicians December 13, 2016
November, 2016 – Dr. Jeffrey S. Puglisi of Glenville Medical Concierge Care in Greenwich, CT has accepted an appointment to the board of directors for the American College of Private Physicians (ACPP), a professional society established to advance the model of concierge medicine. An alternative practice model that has grown exponentially in the two ... Continue Reading
- In the Community November 9, 2016
(L to R) Dr. Brad Gilden, Elite Health Services; Erika Wofsey, RN, Glenville Medical Concierge Care; Dr. Michael Menderbil, a local naturopath; Dr. Jeff Puglisi, Glenville Medical Concierge Care; and Stephen Kurczewski, Elite Health Services.
Dr. Jeff Puglisi offered “Lessons from the Heart” at Elite ... Continue Reading
- Information You Can Trust..Check in to The Dr. Steven Mickley Community Health Resource Section at Greenwich Hospital October 19, 2016
Google can bring you back 100,000 answers; a librarian can bring back the right one.
– Neil Gaiman, award-winning author
The October 8 issue of Greenwich Time features an in-depth look at a gem of a resource – The Dr. Steven Mickley Community Health Resource Section of the Medical Library at Greenwich Hospital. ... Continue Reading
- Summer/Fall 2016 Newsletter September 15, 2016
The Summer/Fall 2016 newsletter features articles on opioids, the Zika virus and sodium reduction.Continue Reading
- Dr. Mickley and Dr. Puglisi: Castle Connolly “Top Docs” September 14, 2016
Dr. Jeffrey Puglisi was once again recognized as a 2016 Castle Connolly Top Doc in Fairfield County and the NY Metro area.
Dr. Steven Mickley was named one of the Best Doctors in Connecticut by Connecticut Magazine, and 2016 Castle Connolly Top Doc in Fairfield County and the NY Metro Area.
- Dr. Steven Mickley is in the News September 14, 2016
The Dr. Steven Mickley Community Health Library at Greenwich Hospital, opened in March 2015, is the first of its kind in the region. Called a ‘hidden gem of a resource,’ the library was generously funded by an anonymous donor to honor Dr. Mickley for his decades of outstanding health care to the Greenwich ... Continue Reading
- The Zika Virus: Prevention is the First Line of Defense August 22, 2016
As the Zika virus continues to make headlines daily, it is essential to know who is at risk, how it is transmitted and most importantly, to understand strategies for prevention. Following are the latest findings on Zika, according to experts at the Centers ... Continue Reading
- Spring 2016 Newsletter May 15, 2016
The spring 2016 newsletter includes a continuation of our series on aging with an article on keeping skin in the best condition possible; an article about keeping joints flexible and pain free; and the nutrition corner takes a look at natural/organic foods.Continue Reading