- The Future of Aging January 17, 2023Continue Reading
The First Hundred Years: Healthy Longevity May Ultimately Define the Future
Humankind has eternally searched for the fabled fountain of youth. While we suspect that a magical elixir to turn back time may never be discovered, in 2023 we are coming ever closer to a more achievable goal: using scientific breakthroughs to slow the process of ...
- Studying the Secrets of Super Agers January 17, 2023Continue Reading
The growing group of people able to enjoy 100 years of life may well be one of the most remarkable achievements of the 21st century. A generation ago, the number of centenarians worldwide was just 110,000; today they are 600,000 strong. Notably, a sizable segment of this long-lived group, aptly called Super Agers, reach 100 ...
- COVID-19: Update and Lessons Learned (So Far) with Paul Sax October 14, 2022Continue Reading
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s: Updates from a Leading Geriatrician October 6, 2022Continue Reading
Senior Moments Or Something More?
As Baby Boomers continue the inexorable journey deep into their senior years, preserving cognitive function understandably tops the list of worries. While Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementias are seen in just 5% of people over 65, that number jumps to 30% for people age 85 and over. Questions abound: is ...
- Nourish Body, Brain and Heart with the MIND Diet October 6, 2022Continue Reading
Mindful Eating for Your Brain
Harkening back to ancient civilizations, the concept of food as medicine represents one of today’s most cutting-edge approaches to prevention and disease management. Inspired by the intricate connection of mind and body wellness, a small, special group of diets have made their way into the mainstream offering benefits far beyond short-term ...
- Congratulations to Dr. Judy Shea, honored with the ‘Compassionate Concierge Doctor’ Award for 2022 October 6, 2022Continue Reading
Dr. Judy Shea earned a distinctive honor – ‘Compassionate Concierge Doctor’ – as part of the ninth annual Doctors of Distinction awards from Westfair Business Publications. She ...
- In a Pickle and Looking for a New Summer Activity? July 8, 2022Continue Reading
Try Pickleball, the Country’s Fastest-Growing Sport
Tired of the same ‘ole routine every summer but find yourself in a pickle and looking for a new summer activity? Well, according to American Council on Exercise (ACE), you might want to consider pickleball.
As everyone from your next-door neighbor to ACE will attest, pickleball is extraordinarily ...
- Tips for Safe Summer Fun July 8, 2022Continue Reading
Stay Safe with Sunscreen, Sunglasses and Plenty of Water
The longer, sunshine filled days of summer are upon us and without a doubt, they are one of life’s unrivaled joys, especially when you protect yourself from the powerful impact of ultraviolet rays. With that in mind, we share our tips for safe summer fun; ...
- Summer Fruits and Veggies July 8, 2022Continue Reading
Picking the Season’s Prime Produce
A seasonal bounty of fruits and vegetables is in bloom everywhere from your grocery’s fresh foods section to local farmers’ markets, and in your own backyard garden. The following is advice from experts on how to purchase summer fruits and veggies at its peak, and store them safely, until ...
- Exercise Is Good Medicine April 1, 2022
Get Up and Join the Movement
As we emerge from the doldrums of winter hibernation and COVID-19-related inertia, it’s important to remember that exercise is good medicine and there’s no better time than now, to get moving again.
“There isn’t a chronic condition that can’t be better managed with an appropriate dose of exercise,” asserts Continue Reading